Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My ANACONDAS Adventure

Hello Everyone! This is the blog I will be using to report my life from aboard the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute R/V Knorr. I am with an amazing group of about 30 scientists from across the country collaborating on the ANACONDAS project in the Amazon River Plume. We are studying different components of this interesting environment where the Amazon River flows into the ocean. A detailed explanation of our research as well as photos and biographies of each scientist onboard are available on our website: http://www.amazoncontinuum.org

I am on this trip as an intern for Dr. Joaquim Goes and Dr. Helga Do Rosario Gomes from Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. We are currently in our second of five weeks on the Knorr and have stopped at eight stations along the plume for sampling. I have finally gotten my sea-legs and am used to falling asleep with the rolling waves. One of my favorite places on the ship is the top deck which we all refer to as “the beach”. I love to relax with a good book and my ipod on the beach and simply enjoy the ocean I am surrounded by.

I hope everyone reading is enjoying their summer! Stay tuned for more posts and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment